“The Smile of the Child” supported 48.403 children and their families in 2021
Child Helpline International member, The Smile of the Child, presented a review of the Organization’s actions for 2021 last Tuesday, 1 February 2022, announcing the total number of children and families TSOTC supported through all its specialized and holistic actions for children victims of violence, missing children, children with serious health problems and children and families living in poverty.
- A total of 204.791 calls received at its Help/Hotlines (1 call every 2 sec)
- 45,57% of calls were made by children seeking psychological support
- 28,81% made use of the CHAT 1056 application
- 1 call per day concerned requests for psychological support in cases of bullying
- High percentage of calls for Fear/Stress Management (9,72%)
- More than one case of suicidal ideation per day
You can read further details in the Press Release.